Lauren Gray, author of the article Five Visual Tools for Artistically Challenged PR Pros about what programs PR folks can use to make their content more visually appealing writes for prsa.org. In this article she recommends 5 free tools available online to enhance visual interest in PR.
It isn't always an option to have a talented graphic designer come up with interesting visuals for a PR pro's content.These free graphic tools allow PR folks to "become visually adept at telling an engaging, enticing brand story."
1. Canva Is a design platform that lets you create visuals to fit specific social media specifications.
2. Piktochart Is an online infographic creator. Using templates and pictures users can create custom infographics to match their content which can embed videos.
3. Unsplash Is a free source for stock photography. It sends customers 10 free pictures every ten days.
4. Pixlr This is a free online photo editing tool.
5. Hyperlapse This mobile app helps users create timelapse videos and it even offers built-in stabilization. Here's the video Gray chose in here article
All of these tools seem interesting. The Hyperlapse and Piktochart seem espesially exciting to me. Here's an Infographic I created with the free software from this article.